Safety Preparedness Fair - 3rd Annual
We want to help you "prepare, survive and thrive"
At the 3rd Annual Westside Safety and Preparedness Fair you will have the chance to learn what to do before, during and after a major earthquake (or other disaster), learn potentially life-saving skills, learn how you and your neighbors can work together and help each other recover from a disaster, and get answers to your questions about what you should be doing now to prepare. All presentations are virtual and will be followed by live Q & A sessions.
We will have 3 keynote speakers:
~an infectious disease specialist, and
~the Los Angeles Fire Department disaster preparedness specialist.
You will be able to learn(via streamed presentations):
- Hands-only CPR
- Stop the Bleed
- Pet first aid and CPR
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- When and how to turn off your utilities after an earthquake and whether it is okay to turn them on again
- How to "harden the target" to make yourself, your car and your home less attractive targets of crime
- How to work with your neighbors before a disaster so you can help each other after a disaster
- And more!
Special kids' programs:
- Bike safety and other safety skills
- "Prepare with Pedro" for young kids
- "Pillowcase Project" for older kids
Buy supplies at a discount
Vendors will have booths at the fair and will offer special discounts to fair attendees who want to buy preparedness supplies.
FREE preparedness items for attendees
We will give you a bag containing some supplies to start or add to your preparedness kit. Free items will be distributed via curbside pickup after the fair at a date to be announced. Free items will be given to fair attendees only, one set per family, while supplies last.